Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Two Week Countdown

I am just two weeks away from beginning my three month sabbatical break. I am rushing around trying to get eveything set for my departure. At the top of my list is getting around to some of our homebound members. I want to make sure they know I'll be gone for three months. I will miss them, but I don't want them to think I have forgotten about them.
We also are in the middle of a major restructuring of our leadership, and I want to make sure things are moving forward toward implementation before I leave. I hope to have all the necessary parts in place by my leadership meeting on May 19th.
I will begin my break with some time by myself at my parent's home on Hatteras Island. This will help me make the break from ministry time to sabbath time. I will read some, do a lot of writing, and do some sailing.
This break is an incredible gift of my congregation and the Clergy Renewal Grant of the Lilly Endowment.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to keeping up with Pastor Lee's sabbatical break with this blog....I hope others will do the same.

    ReplyDelete