Thursday, May 30, 2013

It Has Begun!

I spent all day on Memorial Day in the office working to take care of all those last minute things I needed to. I then came in on Tuesday morning, to take care of the last, last minute things I didn't get done on Monday. Then finally about 3 p.m. my car was on I-85 heading east.
I arrived late at Rodanthe and unloaded the car. Then I went to bed.
Wednesday dawned beautifully! No clouds, a nice breeze. I sat and read awhile, and then decided to drive up to Kill Devil Hills to see the new Star Trek movie. Following the movie, I went over to the Wright Brothers National Monument and park.
I always love going there. As a pilot, there is something special about standing in the same spot that Orville and Wilbur did and imagining what it was like 110 years ago. I have resolved to return via plane in the near future.

Tuesday
Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment