Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rodanthe, NC

One of my favorite places in the world is Hatteras Island. My parents built a house there in 2000, and it has served as a "thin" place for me for many years. To begin my sabbatical, I decided to spend a few days there.
I began reflecting on my years of seminary and my first call. I finished with about 10 pages of reflection on what I learned during those 8 years. I have found this a good exercise to remind me why I was called into the ministry in the first place.
I brought a book on the History of the Protestant Reformation to read in preparation for the trip to Scotland and Geneva. It has been a good reminder about many of the things I learned in seminary. Today, Brooke asked me to clarify many of the facts about the reformation for her. It was helpful to have refreshed my own memory.
I also took some long walks on the beach and sailed a couple of times on the Pamlico Sound. The weather was just outstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment