Friday, June 7, 2013

The Evening Before the Big Trip


Brooke and I went out to dinner by ourselves tonight before leaving on a 13 day trip with so much family togetherness! When we walked out of the restaurant, we saw this double rainbow. The rainbow reminds me of God's covenant with the world and tonight served as a bon voyage gift from the Lord.
We are working on the last minute items for our trip. Checking our clothes, making sure we have packed our medicines, have all our travel documents in hand, etc. I think we are in pretty good shape.
Brooke's new English Aunt and her family will be meeting us in Heathrow when we arrive on Sunday morning. They have planned a visit to some of the suburbs of London and then a whole family lunch at a pub near our hotel. It sure is comforting to know that someone is there to meet us.
This past week has been full of end of school activities and travel planning, but I am starting to notice that I am unwinding from work. After so many years of attentive ministry, it is nice to be able to relax and not worry about the church. I know it is in good hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment